Adapted from Whole Spice by Chef Claudia Sansone
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or Grape Seed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Ras el Hanout
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, Ras el Hanout, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate for use atop fish after cooked.
Place salmon fillets in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining herb mixture, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the bag over once.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill rack by placing oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack.
Remove the salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess. Grill the salmon until browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on oiled baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
To serve, top each piece with a dollop of the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.